1kg Fish Bones of White Meat Fish
- Washed and Cleaned
|2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce||
45g Baby Chinese Cabbage or
Chye Sim – Washed
|15g Preserved Salted Vegetables||1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil||
500g White Meat Fish (Garoupa /
Mackerel) – Sliced
|50g Dried Anchovies – Washed||1 Tablespoon Hua Diao Wine||500g Thick Rice Vermicelli|
|100g Soy Beans – Soaked Overnigh||2 Whole Garlic Bulbs||15g Dried Chinese Seaweed|
|2L Water||3 Whole Shallots||To Taste White Pepper Powder|
|30g Dried Flat Sole Fish||3 Fresh Tomatoes - Quartered||To Taste Salt|
|10g Ginger – Crushed|
|50g Spring Onions – Chopped||3 Tablespoons Light soy sauce|
|20g Coriander Leaves||2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil|
|4 Tablespoons Fried Shallots||A Pinch White pepper|
|8 Chilli Padi|
|To Taste Light Soy Sauce|
|As Desired Salted Soy Beans|
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C using the ‘Fan Mode’ and then roast fish bones for about 20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
2. Crush ginger, and remove root ends off the baby Chinese cabbage.
3. Season sliced fish with light soy sauce, sesame oil and pinch of pepper. Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. In a large pot, boil water and add salted vegetables, dried anchovies, soy beans, garlic bulbs, whole shallots, crushed ginger, and dried flat sole fish.
5. When the roasted fish bones are ready, add to the pot and boil for about 1 hour.
6. Strain the soup base and retain the stock. Continue boiling and add in sliced fish, tomatoes, baby Chinese cabbage, light soy sauce, sesame oil, Hua Diao wine, and dried seaweed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a separate pot, boil the thick rice vermicelli for about 2 minutes or when desired texture is reached. Once cooked, remove and add soup and ingredients.
8. Garnish with chopped spring onions, and serve with sliced chilli and soy sauce, fried shallots, coriander leaves and salted soy beans on the side.
Serie 8 | Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.
Series 8 Oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: you get perfect results, automatically and gently.