|Crab Marinate:||Salted Egg Sauce:||Garnish:|
|2 Medium-Sized Mud Crabs||6 Whole Salted Duck Eggs||1 Teaspoon Shallots - Chopped||50g Spring Onions - Chopped|
|1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil||30g Unsalted Butter||5g Ginger - Sliced||20g Coriander Leaves|
|2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce||100ml Whipping Cream||2 Chilli Padi - Crushed||As Desired Steamed Buns|
|2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce||20ml Coconut Cream||To Taste Salt|
|1 Tablespoon Garlic - Chopped||100ml Water||To Taste White Pepper Powder|
|A Pinch Salt||15 Pieces Curry Leaves||To Taste Sugar|
|A Pinch White Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon Garlic - Chopped|
1. Chop garlic, shallots, spring onions, and crush chilli padi.
2. Separate claws and quarter the body of the crabs.
3. Place crabs in a bowl, and add light soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, a tablespoon of the chopped garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. In a pot of boiling water, fully cook salted eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
5. Retain two whole eggs and four egg yolks.
6. Melt butter in a lightly heated pan and fry ginger and curry leaves till fragrant.
7. Add in chopped garlic, shallots, the marinated crab and water. Cook for about 10 minutes with lid on.
8. Remove the crab pieces and in the same pan add in the egg and yolks while breaking them loose with a wooden spoon.
9. Add in the whipping cream, coconut cream, and crushed chilli padi, salt, sugar, and pepper. Let the sauce simmer.
10. Smoothen the sauce using a hand blender and add in the crabs while tossing them well.
11. Place the crabs on a plate and drizzle the sauce over. Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander and serve with steam buns on the side.
Series 8 Oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: you get perfect results, automatically and gently.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.