1. Shred sweet potato using the Bosch kitchen machine
2. Mix the cream, butter and 120g of fine sugar till light and fluffy with the Bosch kitchen machine using the cake mixture tool between speeds 3 to 6.
3. Add 1 egg and 3 egg yolks to mixture. Add vanilla extract. Cream until smooth.
4. Add coconut milk to Japanese full cream milk into the mixture.
5. Sift flour add a pinch of salt.
6. Fold flour into the batter gently.
7. In separate bowl, whip 3 egg whites with 80g of fine sugar with the Bosch kitchen machine egg mixture tool between speeds 4 to 7 till you get stiff peaks.
8. Add egg white mixture to the batter and fold the egg white into mixed batter till consistent.
9. Add shredded sweet potato and fold in gently.
10. Pour batter into individual cupcake cases.
11. Steam at 80˚C for 20 minutes; and another at 100˚C for another 10 minutes using an oven steamer.
1. Peel the celeriac and reserve the peeling. Next, slice the celeriac using a mandolin to 2mm thick matchstick slices.
2. To soften the matchstick slices, season them with salt and leave it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. The mix will look shiny and feel slightly softer after 30 minutes.Take handfuls of the mix and squeeze to release excess water.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients with the paddle attachment of the MUM5 Kitchen Machine until the mixture turns smooth. Select Speed ‘5’ or ‘6’ on the rotary knob.
5. Mix the ingredients with the celeriac. Chill the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
6. Chill the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Serve it with cured meats or a grilled chunk of fish.