|Pastry Dough||Pineapple Jam Filling||Finishing|
|700g Plain Flour||4 Pineapples - Peeled and Deseeded||2 Egg Yolks|
|100g Milk Powder||380g Caster Sugar||10ml Water|
|100g Caster Sugar||2 Pieces Cinnamon Stick||A little Gold Powder|
|500g Unsalted Butter||1 Piece Star Anise|
|3 Egg Yolks||1 Teaspoon Pineapple Essence|
|1 Egg White|
|5g Earl Grey Tea Leaves – Finely Chopped|
1. Methods for Pineapple Jam Filling
1. Peel the pineapples, remove the core, and the ‘eyes’ on the flesh. Next, grate the flesh and keep the pulp.
2. Add the pulp to a medium sized pot with a thick bottom. Next, add castor sugar, cinnamon sticks and a star anise.
3. Cook the pulp till it thickens into a jam-like texture. Add and stir in the remaining sugar and pineapple essence until it forms into a pineapple jam paste.
4. Portion the jam into balls weighing approximately 10g each.
2. Methods for Pastry Dough
5. Chop the Earl Grey tea leaves into fine powder. Sift the flour, milk powder and chopped Earl Grey tea leaves into a bowl.
6. Add unsalted butter and castor sugar to the bowl of the kitchen machine. Insert the paddle whisk attachment to the Kitchen Machine, use it to stir the ingredients till they turn creamy.
7. Add an egg white, and the egg yolks to the mixture in step 6 as the kitchen machine continues to stir the ingredients. Gradually mix the sifted flour in step 5 with the ingredients. Finally, knead the mixture till it forms into a ball of dough.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C using the ‘Top and Bottom Heat’ mode. Portion the dough into balls weighing 10g each. Flatten the dough, place a dollop of pineapple jam in it, and wrap the dough around the jam.
9. Roll the pastry into a ball, and lay them on a lined baking tray. Lightly press the dough with a fork to leave indentations on the dough.
10. Beat the remaining egg yolks and water together. Next, apply egg wash on the pastries and sprinkle Earl Grey powder onto the pastries.
11. Bake the pastries for 25 minutes at 180°C. To add festive cheer, brush some gold powder onto the pineapple tarts after baking them.
Serie | 8 Oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: you get perfect results, automatically and gently.
MUM5 Kitchen Machine
Whatever your needs, Bosch offers the right kitchen machine to give you perfect results when preparing meals.