|Chicken Jus||Roasted Chicken||Roasted Vegetable|
Part 1 of 2 - Chicken Jus
- Pre-heat oven to 210°C using ‘fan mode’. Roast bones in oven for 15 minutes once the oven has been heated.
- In a medium-sized pot, add oil and fry carrot, celery and white onion till they slightly soften and turn brownish.
- Add tomato paste and fry till it is well mixed with the vegetables. Be careful not to burn the tomato paste.
- Add roasted bones, thyme, rosemary, black peppercorn, garlic and water, then bring them to a boil.
- Simmer the mixture for about 1 hour, then strain the liquid into a small sauce pot.
- Furthur reduce the sauce till it thickens and has a glaze texture.
Part 2 of 2 - Roasted Chicken and Roasted Vegetable
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C using ‘fan mode’. Roast bones in oven for 15 minutes once the oven has been heated.
- Place all ingredients for roasted vegetables on the same oven tray that was used to roast the chicken bones, and mix them well.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper powder, then brush butter all over the chicken.
- Place chicken on the wirerack and rest it on the tray of vegetables, then proceed to roast the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the oven, then increase the heat to 220°C.
- Glaze the chicken with butter and sprinkle rosemary on it, then place the vegetables and chicken back in the oven and cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, portion and serve with sauce, then garnish with cracked pepper and rock salt.
MultiTalent Food Processor
Saves on space, not on possibilities thanks to 50 functions