Preparation for Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC in Fan Mode. Coat a 9-inch baking tin with butter and flour.
- Add stout and butter into a large wide saucepan, slowly heat the mixture till all the butter has melted. Next, whisk the cocoa and sugar together, then let it cool slightly.
- Whisk sour cream with the eggs and vanilla in a kitchen machine, then pour the mixture created in ‘Step 2’ into the bowl attachment from the kitchen machine. Next, blend both mixtures together under ‘low speed’.
- Slowly add flour and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture created in ‘Step 3’, then whisk them together under ‘medium speed’.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tin, and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin, or on a cooling rack.
Preparation for Icing
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over hot water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water as this is not a Bain Marie.
- After the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the water. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, then carefully fold the chocolate into the icing mixture in small batches.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together very well, then gradually add stout and melted chocolate. Make sure that the mixture is thoroughly blended each time before adding stout.
- Blend mixture till firm peaks form. This mixture will be used as the chocolate icing.
- Spread the icing on the cake, then add chopped walnuts onto the icing.
- Allow the icing to firm and set before serving.
Serie | 8 Combi-steam oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: Get perfect results, automatically and gently.
Food Processor MCM3501MGB
MultiTalent 3 - the compact and versatile kitchen assistant with more than 50 functions. Makes cooking and baking easier and even fun!